We’re so happy you have believed in Jesus Christ. The Bible says that Heaven rejoice when one sinner repents. (Luke 5:17).
Where do you go from here? There’s a lot to learn about your new faith, but don’t worry you don’t have to do this on your own. In fact you can’t do this on your own, God has to do this by his power. He allows the Holy Spirit to live in you and lead through this new life you have received. Here are a few steps you can take just starting out:
- Pray and thank the Heavenly Father for bringing you to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray daily for the Lord to guide you, give you strength and wisdom in your faith. (People will try to get you to turn away from faith in Christ.)
- Begin reading your Bible. We suggest the Gospel of John and the book of Ephesians as a start.
- Contact a believer you know and tell them that you have believed in Christ.
- Ask the Lord to lead you to a Church that believes in, teaches, and lives what the Bible teaches about being born-again and following Christ.
- Don’t get discouraged by family and friends who don’t support your new belief. Keep trusting God to strengthen you through troubles and problems.
- If you live in the Kansas City Missouri area consider attending a study and worship service with us as you allow God to guide you to a local Church.